I’m so excited to write this post today, as it’s been a day of milestones and lovely coincidences!
Today I was nominated for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award by the lovely Haley over at If You Give A Blonde A Kitchen. She has some delicious recipes on her blog and her photography just makes you want to jump into your screen and gobble everything all up. I highly recommend you check out her blog, you’ll be drooling from the first click! I am so honoured to have been nominated for this award, it truly makes me feel so welcome in the blogging community.
The other milestone I have reached today is that my blog is three months old! It’s gone by so fast and I can’t believe it’s been three months since my first post. I feel like I’ve come a long way, even in this short time – in the last few weeks I’ve been keeping to my posting schedule of every 3-4 days, my photography seems to improve a little every week and I’m still loving trying new recipes and developing my cooking skills. What a great start to 2014! Thank you to all of you for visiting my blog and providing inspiration, support and motivation!
Part of the Dragon’s Loyalty Award involves paying it forward and nominating other bloggers that I feel deserve the recognition. Below are my deserving nominees:
I also need to divulge seven fun facts about myself, so here’s a little bit about me:
- I have lived in 5 countries: Australia, the US, Italy, Canada and the UK. Hopefully I can add more to that list one day.
- I do not have a driver’s licence. I’ve had a learner’s licence for about 8 years!
- I started my degree studying Nursing, but changed over to History after a semester. After uni, I decided that travel was my thing and I’ve worked in the travel industry ever since. I’ve never used my History degree for anything career-wise, but I don’t regret doing it for a second.
- I had a Chocolate Digestives addiction when I first moved to the UK. I’m pleased to say I’ve broken the habit and can now enjoy them on rare occasions and in moderation.
- If I had to live on one meal for the rest of my life, it would be pizza.
- I did a 10 week trip on my own across Canada and the US on Greyhound buses when I was 21. I stopped in 4 Canadian provinces and 17 US states and passed through many more. It was eye-opening, but one of the greatest experiences of my life.
- I like trying random local foods when I travel – cricket tacos in Mexico, caiman in Brazil, guinea pig and alpaca in Peru, bison in the US and, of course, kangaroo in Australia.
And to my nominees, here are the rules involved in the Dragon’s Loyalty Award:
- Display the Award Certificate on your website.
- Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award.
- Nominate up to 15 deserving bloggers.
- Send the nominees a comment to let them know of their nomination.
- Post seven interesting things about yourself.