Happy Pi Day Everyone! Yes, you read correctly, it’s Pi, not Pie. I’d much prefer it if it were Pie Day (January 23 is National Pie Day in America for all you Americans out there), but I’ll make do without the E for a few more hours. I was never a genius at maths, so I can’t tell you much about Pi or Pi Day, except what I’ve read on Wikipedia – that March 14 was chosen because if the date is written in the American format (3/14), it’s makes up the first three digits in Pi. Next year will be a big day for Pi enthusiasts out there, as it is possible to get the first 10 digits of Pi together: 3/14/15 9:26:53am (3.141592653). How exciting!
While it would’ve been really great to have a pie recipe ready to share with you today, I’m not that organised, so I’ll talk about the Liebster Award instead. The other day, Jess at Cooking is my Sport, kindly nominated me for the Liebster Award, acknowledging new bloggers out in the big wide blogosphere. I’m so grateful to her for this award. Jess and I started our blogs around the same time, and I feel like we have a connection of some sort that spans the globe and it’s an honour to be recognised by her for this award. Thank you, Jess! You should definitely check out her blog, it’s full of tasty recipes mixed with entertaining commentary. Queue cheesy line: It’s a recipe for success!
The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated me
- Answer the questions asked by the person who nominated me
- Nominate 5-10 bloggers with under 200 followers for the award
- Ask my nominees about 10 or so questions
- Comment on the nominees blogs to let them know they’ve been nominated
My nominees for this award are:
Questions for my Nominees
- What has been your toughest recipe to make yet?
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 items would you take with you?
- Would you rather have your body top half fish or bottom half fish? (It came up at work today. Serious consideration needed!)
- What cooking tool or utensil do you most treasure?
- What cooking tool or utensil do you most desire?
- Pepsi or Coke?
- How would you describe your blog to a newcomer?
- Which of these potato sides would you order: Fries, Mashed Potato, Wedges or Roast Potatoes?
- What would be your first act as Prime Minister/President?
- What is your favourite book?
- If you could visit anywhere in the world, where would you go and why?
Jess’ Questions for Me
- The Zombie Apocalypse is happening tomorrow: what are you eating tonight for dinner?
It’s going to be a big one! I’ll start with Creamy, Cheesy Baked Potato Soup, followed by an Italian pizza with ham and mushrooms, with ciabatta garlic bread on the side and homemade apple crumble for dessert.
- Name one famous person, alive or dead, that you’d like to cook for and why.
Billy Joel. Because I love him, he’d have some amazing stories about the music industry, he could do a private show for me and I don’t think he’d be too posh to enjoy my food.
- Sugar cookie or Chocolate chip cookie?
Chocolate chip cookie all the way.
- What’s the one food you’re afraid of trying to make?
A roast chicken. I’m so worried about undercooking it and poisoning someone!
- Who’s your favorite celebrity chef or food personality?
Adam Richman from Man vs Food. I want his job.
- Pancakes or Waffles?
Not a huge fan of either, but probably waffles.
- Do you have a weird food or snack that you love, but are embarrassed to admit to anyone? What is it? (no judgment here!)
I had an addiction to chocolate digestives a few years ago, but managed to kick that habit! I don’t really have a weird food that I love now. I like combining salted popcorn with Maltesers, but the sweet and salty thing is kind of normal.
- What, in your opinion, is the best thing you’ve ever made?
I’d have to say my Blueberry Lemon Slice. It’s got some great flavours in there.
- What’s your go-to “rainy-day” movie?
I couldn’t narrow it down to just one, but definitely a chick flick/rom-com sort of movie.
- Who would you want to play you in a movie about your life?
Natalie Portman, even though we look nothing alike! She’s just so damn cool.
- What show from you childhood would you want to bring back?
Full House for sure! And Saved by the Bell.
- If you could travel back in time to any period, where would you want to go?
It’s not very far back, but it’s still before my time – the 1960s. There were such huge changes going on in society – music, the Cuban Missile Crisis and Cold War, man on the moon, etc. It would’ve been fascinating.
- What was the last thing you cooked?
- How do you like your eggs?
Scrambled on toast with ketchup!
- You have a genie in a bottle- what are the 3 wishes you ask him for?
One – the ability to travel anywhere I wanted whenever I wanted. Two – Equality worldwide – gender, racial, social, etc. Three – The ability to breathe underwater, just because it would be cool!